Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The mission of the Northern Highlands High School Library is to empower students to be...
- Critical thinkers
- Creative and ethical consumers and producers of ideas and information
- Lifelong readers and learners
...so that they may become engaged citizens in a global society.
"Earth." by tw0bit is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
The Library should be a calm, academic (though not silent) place where students read, work, or relax quietly.
- Loud, disruptive behavior is never acceptable.
- Students may talk and collaborate quietly in all areas of the Library except the Quiet Study Area. The Quiet Study Area is for individual, silent study at all times.
- Students may not eat or drink in the Library, except for water and for hot beverages in sealed travel containers. Beverages that leave a stain or a sticky spot when they spill are not allowed.
- Students will clean up after themselves, put chairs back four to a table, and push chairs in neatly before leaving the Library.
- Students coming from study halls, physical education, or other classes will use the computer at the Front Desk to check in to Genesis Turnstile.
- Library rules apply to all students in the Library, including students here from Study Halls. Students who need to eat or drink or to engage in loud conversation should return to wherever their regular Study Hall is scheduled.
- To borrow a book, bring it to Ms. Goldberg or Mrs. Weiss.
- If neither is there, use the manual checkout form in the red binder on the Front Desk. Please write neatly!
- Never take a book out of the Library without checking it out by one of these methods! It creates problems.
- Books are usually due 30 days after checkout, but you can always request extra time, either when you are checking the book out, or if you are not finished reading it by the due date. See Ms. Goldberg or Mrs. Weiss, or email one of us. You do not need to bring the book to the Library in order to renew it. We always want you to have as much time as you need.
- Books that are overdue by more than 30 days will be entered into Genesis as lost books. We ALWAYS prefer to have the book back, or even a copy you purchase, rather than a check.
- We have no limit on the number of books you can take out at a time, but we ask that you do not check out all the books in the collection about a particular subject at once.
Click on the mural to learn about its history and meaning.